Friday, April 4, 2008

Jennifer's Birthday

Today is Jennifer's birthday. She was born on April 4, 1966. So I guess she would be 42 years old. I am going to go to the cemetery today and see if her headstone has been placed in and take some flowers. This past year has gone by so fast. It seems like just a month or so ago we were all at Lorna's celebrating her 41st birthday. I hope she does realize that we love her and miss her dearly. I always will.

THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN ON HER BIRTHDAY LAST YEAR

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I went to the cemetery yesterday and her headstone has not been laid yet. I hope it won't be longer.

jbcompton said...

I think of mom everyday. Sometimes I have to remind myself that she no longer resides in this mortal realm. This is both a sorrow and a comfort.
She is no longer where I can see her and speak to her, but she can see me, and in life she and I were as close as a mother and child could be. Now that she is in the spirit world, it is almost as though a small part of me is there with her. She does not feel gone, only to my physical senses. I look forward to the day when I will be raised with her in the resurrection to behold the face of the Lord Jesus Christ at his coming. Remembering this makes enduring her absense now worth the wait. I love you Mom!

Whit & Shane said...

wow joseph, that was beautiful. You have a way with words and it touched me. Your mother is an amazing woman, she taught you guys so much, and i look up to you as my cousin. She is watching after you and loves you, but i know you know that. That to me is comforting. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I really enjoyed them. :D Hope you and the rest of the family are doing amazing, and if you need anything just knwo that your cousin whit, is here.